Family Services Office
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday - 9:00am - 11:30am and 1:00pm - 2:30pm
Wednesday and Friday - Closed
The mission of The Salvation Army Family Services is to fulfill the social, health, spiritual, and recreational needs of low-income individuals and families in the Puyallup community. Through our social welfare program, we provide assistance and support to address a wide variety of personal and social difficulties by helping our clients access necessary resources. We strive to preserve the dignity and self-respect of the individuals and families seeking assistance, while encouraging them to become self-sufficient.
Puyallup Salvation Army Social/Family Services provides outreach support and assistance to The Puyallup community through the following ministries:
Appointments are not required to receive food, however you will need to provide ID and proof of current address for everyone in the household including children. Please be sure to bring the items with you so that we will be able to help you.
We are only able to assist with utility bills from Puget Sound Energy (PSE) and Elmhurst Mutual Power & Light. All assistance is limited to $150.00 maximum per household.
Puget Sound Energy (PSE)
To receive this one time a year assistance from PSE you must live in Pierce County and provide:
- A copy of the shut-off notice (Urgent, Final, Disconnect) or an "Assistance Provider" notice. If one of these documents is not provided, we will not be able to assist you;
- Current and valid photo ID (or photocopies of the ID's) for all adults in the household age 17 and older;
- Separate proof of address for anyone 17 years or older in the household;
- Proof of all income coming into the home (pay stub, award letter, unemployment, etc.)
Please note: Prior to applying for Warm Home Fund assistance, contact your local federal energy assistance provider LIHEAP (www.liheap.org) and/or PSE HELP at (855) 798-4328 in order to apply for assistance and maximize the financial assistance you are able to receive.
- Costumers who are on the budget Budget Payment Plan, and who have received a "Budget Removal" warning on their bill, may also qualify for assistance.
- Deposit fees may be paid if required for service turn-on.
Elmhurst Mutual Power
Update: We're sorry, but as of Thursday, February 13th, we do not have funds available to assist with Elmhurst utility bills. Please check back with us at a later date, as we hope to have funding available soon.
Assistance is limited to $150 per household and twice in a calendar year. Assistance is available to clients who are low-income, at or below 125% of the federal poverty guidelines, or suffering temporary financial crisisTo receive assistance you must live in Pierce County and provide:
- A "Notice for Termination" (Shut-Off notice) from Elmhurst;
- Current and valid photo ID (or photocopies of the ID's) for all adults in the household 17 and older;
- Separate proof of address for adults and children in the household;
- Proof of income (pay stub, award letter, unemployment, etc.) We only pay on past due amounts.